The prestigious music collection has become even more so thanks to the addition of countless donations and acquisitions of the collections of:
- eighteenth century symphonies (Bianchini collection);
- opera librettos (Sullan and Voltolina collections);
- chamber music (Magrini collection);
- opera programmes from various opera houses in Italy and abroad (Guidetti collection);
- nineteenth century collections (Zenoni collection);
- publications on the history of music and biographies of musicians (Piamonte collection);
- musicological publications (Safred and Vivante collections);
- Labroca Collection, comprising mainly twentieth century material;
- A-R Editions, Inc., which has published seven series of musicological editions: Each study is dedicated to an individual composer or a single music genre.
- American Institute of Musicology
The library also boasts 2,200 vinyl Jazz records (Borsetto Collection), remarkable owing to its rarity.